On Thursday 13 April 2006 21:33, James Yonan wrote:
> Roy Marples wrote:
> > In some instances, Linux requires routes being stuck to interfaces
> > instead of floating. Mainly in virtual environments like Xen and Qemu.
> >
> > Attached is a patch that addresses this issue.
> What about the case where you don't want to associate a route with the
> tun/tap interface, such as when you're doing the routing dance to make
> --redirect-gateway work?

Not too sure to be truthfull as I don't use that option. I prefer to have both
default routes separated by a metric instead. This works very well when you
have 3 interfaces, wired, wireless and vpn and they all provide default
routes. In this instance we need to give them metrics and tie them to an
interface using Linux.

Either way, I don't see an issue with the --redirect-gateway option. I'll do
some testing next week if you like.

Thanks

--
Roy Marples <uberl...@gentoo.org>