On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Jos Vos wrote:

> While there were some incompatibilities with older GCC releases
> resolved from RC9 to RC15 (I didn't try the releases RC10-RC14),
> a new incompatibility was introduced concerning the C preprocessor
> in ssl.c: #ifdef's in macro calls do not seem to be allowed with
> GCC 2.96.
>
> Attached a brute-force patch to fix that.  This patch was tested
> on Red Hat Linux 7.3 with GCC 2.96.

Come on, nobody needs support for outdated operating systems and rogue
releases of GCC. There has never been a GCC 2.96, and Redhat 7.3 has
been out of security support for more than half a decade now, and if
OpenVPN 2.1 breaks on such systems, that's perhaps some more incentive
for their users to upgrade. See:

* <http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html>
* <http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/eol/>

--