Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
On 1/27/09, Matthias Andree <ma+ov...@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

 > Sent this to James.
 > Did not apply.
 >
 > My queue is at:
 > http://svn.openvpn.net/projects/openvpn/contrib/alon

Perhaps the choice of version control system used for OpenVPN could
 deserve a second thought -- Mercurial or better Git might support such
 models or merge queues much better than Subversion does.

Nope.
subversion is the simplest one to use.

Alon.

Luckily for us who find git a lot easier than svn, there is always git-svn ... even though it's slow to do the fetching, it's a lot more comfortable to use. But once the fetching is done, it's as quick as a SCM should be.

I really do not intend to start a flame war over what's best or not - respect that there are different opinions ... but I have used both svn and git, and I am of a complete different opinion regarding what is the simplest one.

kind regards,

David Sommerseth