Hi,

> We are very close to 2.1.  I know there's been some discussion about the
> Windows client GUI, whether it deserves to live in 2.1.  We do have a
> new client GUI that we've developed as a part of our Access Server
> product and we are open to releasing it with 2.1, however doing so would
> probably add more RC cycles to the 2.1 release.

> The other option is to just release what we have now, pending a week or
> so of testing on rc16, and get the new Windows client GUI into a
> post-2.1 release.

> Thoughts?

If the release cycles go fast (for example all in 2-4 weeks), release it with
new Windows client. We are waiting so long, it's not important to release
2.1 in one week. If you think it take much longer, than it's better to
release without.

If openvpn 2.1 runs flawlessly with Windows 7 RC, it would be a
good idea to test the GUI with Windows 7 RC, too.
If openvpn didn't work with Windows 7 RC, it should be major goal for
next openvpn version. Idealy from the beginning of the windows release.

greetings
Carsten