David Sommerseth ha scritto:
> On 05/01/11 14:21, Samuli Seppänen wrote:
> > This fixes a generic Windows/VC++ issue:
>

> <http://thedailyreviewer.com/dotnet/view/strncasecmp-and-snprintf-functions-not-available-in-vc-109235975>
>
> > Does this change affect the automake/gcc-based Windows builds?
>

> I'm leaning towards a NAK on this one, as it might influence
> non-Visual C builds.  OpenVPN have openvpn_snprintf() which is a
> portable snprintf() function, and this one should be used instead.  It's
> found in buffer.[ch].
>

> kind regards,
>
> David Sommerseth
Yep, this is not an optimal solution. Some clarifications based on IRC
discussions.... openvpnserv.c uses it's own snprintf wrapper function
(=mysnprintf) extensively. My modification changed snprintf into
_snprintf inside this wrapper function. I assume mysnprintf is used
instead of openvpn_snprintf (in buffer.c) to avoid dependency to openvpn
at code level. If we want to use openvpn_snprintf instead of mysnprintf,
I think we should change all references to mysnprintf into references to
openvpn_snprintf. This would avoid "double-wrapping" snprintf.

For your convenience, here are mysnprintf (with my _snprintf
modification) and openvpn_snprintf from buffer.c:

http://pastie.org/1431115

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager

irc freenode net: mattock

PS.. I sure learned how to write snprintf when writing this mail :D