configure --enable-small --disable-management (and maybe a few others)

As far as I have heard others talk about it, there already is an OpenVPN
version for Android...  so maybe that is an even easier approach :-)
Even though the OS I use is Android-like (it uses the full source, but makes a few "modifications" and "additions" to it) it isn't Android. I would love nothing better than have a way to build OpenVPN "for Android" - I am not sure that applying just those two options above would be enough though, hence the reason for starting this thread (it can't be that easy with OpenVPN, can it ;-) ).