Hi,

I am trying to use an external (GUI) to control OpenVPN ... and a few questions
as a result. If you have any thoughts about these items your comments would be
greatly appreciated!
- why is the management interface not available until a connection to a remote
server is initiated (and first contact proceeding)? Why not bring this
interface up immediately, and perhaps limit commands that are available (until
a "full" connection is made)?
- why does OpenVPN not support / provide exit codes (e.g. a particular exit
code to indicate that no available TAP adapters are available)?
- can OpenVPN use machine / domain login information to authenticate with a
proxy server (i.e. to send for NTLM authentication)? Web browsers seem to
provide this, so I assume that it's possible.
- has anyone observed a "dead" connection (meaning that OpenVPN connects, but
cannot pass traffic over the link ... but then is fine if run again)?

Thanks!

... Russell