v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

 *

Hi,

My apologies in advance for the large pictures below - but I wanted to capture
some data to help demonstrate this issue (and so we can perhaps determine what
is causing it).

Some ping (RTT) data, between the same two machines (endpoints) - with and
without OpenVPN running. In the OpenVPN case I edited the routing table to
force the traffic over the OpenVPN link (same physical link, and no
intermediate machines ... just the two endpoints). In all cases the sample
interval is 500 ms. Here's the data ...

1) No OpenVPN - just a direct link.

2) OpenVPN, keepalive = 10 120

3) OpenVPN, keepalive = 20120

So it doesn't look like keepalive is the culprit (or at least not all of it).
Any thoughts?

Thanks!

... Russell

Not sure if this would be the cause, but if openvpn ping is the