2012/2/21 Samuli Seppänen <sam...@openvpn.net>:
> I would be inclined to focus on cutting down complexity as much as
> possible. I think the best way to gauge real need for old autotools is
> to scrap support for it. We can always fix things afterwards, if
> necessary. I can ask James' opinion if he does not step in soonish.

Never mind.
I've updated build to support >=autoconf-2.59, >=automake-1.9, >=libtool-1.5.22
I hope it won't get more complex than this.
Please try it[1] out.

But you must promise me that formal tarballs will be relased using
>=autoconf-2.65, >=automake-1.11, >=libtool-2.4.

Why? So people won't be required to autoreconf if they like to do cross compile.

Alon.

https://github.com/alonbl/openvpn/downloads