Hello,

I am working on a new build system for OpenVPN, you can check it[1] out.

To cross compile master to arm in static, do:
$ git clone git://github.com/alonbl/openvpn-build.git
$ cd openvpn-build/generic
$ CHOST="arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi" CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
DO_STATIC=1 ./build

It will create static dependencies, but dynamic libc, if you want
really static use DO_REALLY_STATIC=1.

Alon

[1] https://github.com/alonbl/openvpn-build