Samuli Seppänen wrote:
We should probably write an installer.
I'm not sure if it's the best idea to make each and every GUI project out there write it's own installer, when it's mostly a single executable that needs to be replaced to package it with upstream openvpn. The pragmatic way to do it would be to leave the GUI stuff in openvpn itself, but I guess you guys like the idea of bundling installers with other installers, right?

Heiko

Right :). The primary benefit I see in having separate installers for
the OpenVPN-GUI, TAP-driver and easy-rsa is the possibility of
installing and upgrading each component separately more easily. It might
even be possible (=have not checked) to have the "OpenVPN Windows
installer bundle" fetch the latest dependency installers from predefined
URLs prior to installation and fallback to included ones if that fails.
Not sure if we want do that, but it's an option.

errrr, it would be nice to keep/have a "single click install" option - one of the nice features of the current OpenVPN installer is that you get everything in one download. Also, it will ensure that there is at least one set of components that works together.

JM2CW,

JJK