Hi everyone,

First of all, let me say that I am delighted to see 2.3 approaching final
release. This is truly great.

Just wanted to let you know that there may be some rough edges when trying
to use the source tarball to compile openvpn using mingw32. I suppose
nobody uses mingw anymore, so this not too important, but anyway:

1.To get pass the ./configure phase in makeopenvpn, I had to insert a
CFLAGS=' -I /c/mingw/include/ddk' before the ./configure invocation. The
following check:

dnl ipv6 support
AC_CHECKING([for struct sockaddr_in6 for IPv6 support])
AC_CHECK_TYPE(
      [struct sockaddr_in6],
      [],
      [AC_MSG_ERROR([struct sockaddr_in6 not found, needed for ipv6
transport support.])],
      [#include "syshead.h"])

in configure.ac could not find the ntddndis.h (located among other places
in /c/mingw/include/ddk) which is included in syshead.h:357. Maybe the
configure.ac needs a little change but I'm not sure what change exactly.
Note, my installation used to be able to compile everything up to 2.2.1
without tinkering. Since these headers are a seemingly new requirement,
maybe a new command line option is needed in the configure script?

2.There is also a small error in makeopenvpn, in line 59, instead of
GENOUT, it says GENOOUT. Which, of course, leads to breakage :) Easily
fixed, that one.
3.Also, compiling OpenSSL from the source package leads to lib/ and bin/
directories under the openssl target path, so the relevant openvpn script
(getopenssl) needs adjustment. Attaching my version for your reference.
This is not strictly an error, just letting everyone know.

Best Regards,
--
Athanasios Douitsis