Hi Raj,

Raj Kumar wrote:

Hi all,

I am new to openvpn. I am using openvpn on my  linux machine.

I have a basic question about openvpn.
How openvpn process the incoming packets ?

Is it processing incoming packets one by one, means receive one packet from the kernel, decrypt it and send it back to the kernel then next packet ?
or
whenever a packet comes, openvpn receives and queues it while doing decryption of already received packet ?

openvpn processes the incoming packets one by one , both from the VPN side (the encrypted packets) , and the packets coming in via the tun/tap interface. This is one of the main reasons why openvpn speeds top off at around ~ 300 Mbps.

HTH,

JJK