Hi everyone, I was building an rpm the other day of the latest release (it
looks great, can't wait to try it out) and noticed a lil problem: It
doesn't like "-" in version names...

[root@server ~]# rpmbuild -tb openvpn-2.3-alpha1.tar.gz
error: line 19: Illegal char '-' in version: Version:        2.3-alpha1

Solution is simple -- untar, change directory name, change version in .spec
file, re-tar/gz, re-run rpmbuild:
[root@server ~]# tar zxf openvpn-2.3-alpha1.tar.gz
[root@server ~]# mv openvpn-2.3-alpha1 openvpn-2.3_alpha1
[root@server ~]# sed -i "s/2\.3-alpha/2\.3_alpha/"
openvpn-2.3_alpha1/openvpn.spec
[root@server ~]# tar czf openvpn-2.3_alpha1.tar.gz openvpn-2.3_alpha1/
[root@server ~]# rpmbuild -tb openvpn-2.3_alpha1.tar.gz

Now it's good to go for the rpmbuild -tb.  I guess I'm the only one
building this for CentOS -- I didn't see anything on google about anyone
else having this problem.  Anyway I think it'd be nice for 2.3_alpha2 to
not have a dash, if that fits with your dispositions :)
-George