Hi,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 05:46:28PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 05:09:34PM +0200, Heiko Hund wrote:
> >   if (status == EINPROGRESS
> >   #ifdef WIN32
> >     || status == WSAEWOULDBLOCK
> >   #endif
> >   )
>
> Please let's not do that.

Uh.  Correcting myself.  In *this* scenario, with this only showing up
in a single place, it might be less complicated to figure out than
having an extra #define which is just #define'ed to EINPROGRESS for
most platforms anyway.

So while I dislike #ifdef's, I don't like magic #defines that are only
used in a single place any better...

But in the end it's just a matter of coding style, and who does the work
has to do some decisions - and we don't have a particular style guide for
such platform stuff.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de