Hi David.

Thanks for the feedback.

On Monday 30 July 2012 19:06:02 David Sommerseth wrote:
> My immediate thought/question is: Why can we not export msg() to
> plug-ins?  Or at least provide something more like a functional
> oriented API to work with?

Actually that's my favored way as well. I just thought I'd stick to the,
admittedly rather strange, way plugins interact with openvpn for the start.
I'll hack a patch that provides a plugin_log() function, with the same
semantics as the struct based approach.

> But it should also prefix
> these log lines as coming from a plug-in (preferably with the plug-in
> name included)...

I don't think enforcing something like this makes much sense, as evil plugins,
trying to forge log lines to appear originating from the core process, will
just call x_msg() directly then.

Heiko
--
Heiko Hund | Sr. Software Engineer | Tel +49-721-25516-237 | Fax -200
SOPHOS NSG | Amalienbadstr. 41 Bau 52 | 76227 Karlsruhe | Germany