Hi Gert,

Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 06:58:28AM +0000, f7n4ahb...@snkmail.com wrote:
I believe there is ongoing development to allow a variable to be set in the client config which can be used by the client-connect or route-up scripts on the server. Specifically I need to add a custom route for each client depending on a value set in their config file.
Can anyone point me to a thread where this is being tracked or the person to
whom this feature has been assigned as I would like to assist in development if
possible.

I'm not aware of such a development going on (doesn't mean nobody is working on it, but it wasn't discussed recently on #openvpn-devel or this
list)

Can't you use the client's common-name or username for that? That's what everybody else seems to be doing...

I'm the one who forwarded him to this mailing list; the "work" I'm referring to is the ENABLE_PUSH_PEER_INFO stuff which is present in openvpn 2.2+ but which does not seem to be complete. I was and am hoping that one of the developers (perhaps James Y?) can comment on the status.

cheers,

JJK