Hello!

if is it possible to remove "msvc" build subsystem, I think we could
switch line endings to "unix style" in repo itself, like that:

https://github.com/chipitsine/openvpn-build/blob/master/.gitattributes

it will work under Linux and cygwin (just tryed it), no matter which
"git" command to use, cygwin's one or windows git (there's special
note on cygwin checkout
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/SettingUpGenericBuildsystem
: "If you're building using Cygwin on Windows, it's best to configure
Git not to translate LF to CR/LF. For this reason it's probably best
to use Cygwin's Git." ) Why to have special note, when it could be
done using .gitattributes ?

or, even if we want to keep "msvc" build subsystem, we can manage that
by moving .gitattributes deeper to "generic" subfolder.

Cheers,
Ilya Shipitsin