> Here's an update about Easy-RSA v3 in case there were any lingering
> contributions or ideas.
>
> As of Dec 01, info & downloads have been available on the users list for
> v3.0.0-rc1. No replies have been sent to that thread, though a few
> improvements have been made following the release; these are slated for
> an -rc2 to be release shortly, quickly followed by an official 3.0.0
> release if there are no known issues or other hold-ups. I plan to add a
> Win32 integration-branch for openvpn-build at that point.
>
> The notable fix since -rc1 has been support for OpenSSL-0.9.8 (commit
> 8b1fe01.) While I hope this isn't a common need, the fix was simple
> enough, and this is still a supported OpenSSL version.
>
> Additional feature improvements include PKCS#7 support, some minor
> fixes, code style, and updated docs. I also plan to add in a passphrase
> change command for -rc2 so private keys can be re/un-encrypted.
>
> At this point, the notable thing missing compared to the 2.x-series is
> PKCS#11 support. My thought here is that it should either have universal
> support for both Windows and *nix platforms or be exposed as
> distro-centric additions. I'd rather see a pkcs11 frontend script that
> is targeted to each platform, and envision this as a 3.1 release target
> feature.

Hi Josh,

Do you think easy-rsa 3.0 would be a drop-in replacement for 2.0 by the
time we push out the OpenVPN 2.4 alpha(s)? I believe that'll happen in
Q1 next year. I can package easy-rsa 3.0 for deb/rpm distros as well as
add it to the NSIS installer for Windows.

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager

irc freenode net: mattock