Hi,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 12:59:02AM +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> FWIW: Now I also got to test git master with what I wanted to in the
> first place, namely to see whether or not all the nice dualstack changes
> had also made "multihome" work for IPv4-mapped clients coming in to the
> server on an udp6 socket (ticket #306). Unfortunately that's still
> broken, and it seems that for a server process "proto udp" is still
> IPv4-only. So it doesn't appear to be possible to get a functioning
> dual-stacked UDP server (that has multiple addresses/interfaces) at the
> moment.

I *thought* that both proto udp and proto udp6 would create an IPv6 socket
bound to :: with IPV6_V6ONLY set to 0 (= accepting IPv4 and IPv6 packets
to any address).  Only "proto udp4" should listen to 0.0.0.0.

(There's a catch to it, IIRC - *BSD will show the socket as "udp46" in
this case, while linux will still just display "udp6", even if it *does*
"46" on it)

Now, --multihome is a different issue - I accept that this isn't working
right in various scenarios, and we need to fix this.  But at least dual-
stacked servers with "proto udp" are expected to work.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de