Hi,

Gert Doering wrote:
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:51:54AM +0200, Jan Just Keijser wrote:
On 11/07/14 10:00, Philipp Hagemeister wrote:
On modern systems, topology subnet should always be set, but it's
missing in the configuration file.
Add it with a short explanation.
NACK
There are a few annoying issues with
  topology subnet
esp when using server side things like
  route <remote subnet> <mask>

that will *fail* with 'topology subnet' ; until this is fixed this should NOT be considered the default.

Well, it's on the roadmap, and Arne has already sent a patch.

So, what other issues exist? This is the only one I'm aware of... (and the recent trac ticket about "topology subnet not working on
FreeBSD 10" turned out to be local confusion...)

hmm I thought I had a TRAC ticket on this but I cannot find it anymore...
I recall some minor annoyances all having to do with needing to explictly add a gateway for the server-side routes. I'm 99.9% confident that Arne's one-liner will have fixed them.

With those annoyances gone I'd even be in favor of making 'topology subnet' the default for the 2.4 release :)

cheers,

JJK