On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 07:00:56PM +0300, Samuli Seppänen wrote:
Hi,

There is a question at the end, so scroll down if you're impatient :).
Anyways, some of you may know I've been looking into NSSM:

<http://nssm.cc>

The idea is to use NSSM to replace the OpenVPN Service Wrapper
("openvpnserv.exe") which is buggy, unmaintained, causes all sorts of
issues and seems disintegrate more and more with every new Windows release.

NSSM on is actively maintained[1] general purpose service manager which
can launch an arbitrary program and restart it if it crashes. NSSM
registers itself as a Windows service and manages a set of services,
which can be arbitrary programs. In our case nssm.exe would run a
command such as this:

..\bin\openvpn.exe --config default.ovpn

The working directory would be set to C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config.

If changing the OpenVPN Windows stuff, please also support having config files
under user's profile directory,
not only in the system-wide config-directory.

-- Pasi

Hi,

Nssm.exe does not seem to care at all where the configuration files are located. It just launches processes and monitors them.

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager

irc freenode net: mattock