Am 26.08.15 um 03:43 schrieb Rafael Gava:
> Hi,
>
> this is my first submission to the list and I hope that I'm doing in
> the right way. :-)

Yes submitting patches to the list is the preferred way. I haven't
looked in the patch yet. I am first trying to understand the goal of the
patches.

> Well, the features added to Network Address Translator are:
>
> 1) Allow the user to use the string "localhost" on the client-nat
> network configuration in a way that is not necessary to inform the IP
> address beforehand. Openvpn will set the dynamic received IP from DHCP.
> Example:
>
> client-nat snat localhost 255.255.255.255 172.20.1.15 # replaces the
> 'localhost' string with the DHCP address received from openvpn server.

I am not sure what you trying to achieve here? Forward all packets
intended for this host to another?
> 2) Allow the user to enable the FTP NAT support through the
> --enable-nat-ftp-support option.
> This is useful for systems that don't have conntrack-tools support,
> for example on Windows systems. On windows this feature is enabled by
> default.
>
> enable-nat-ftp-support (yes | no)

Okay yes. Active FTP is broken by our simple nat implementation. But I
think FTP, let alone active FTP is dead. I am not sure if we should
support this in our simple NAT implementation.

Arne