Hi there,

This is the start of a 7-patch set to add vlan support to openvpn, as
authored by Fabian Knittel.

This a squashed patchset (originally numbering 21 patches, but now
reduced to 7).  These were originally written up to four years ago, and
have been maintained (at sparse intervals) by the original author.  He's
made use of them in production at a large university for the past four
years, and I'm keen to implement them in a medium sized international
organization.

These were slated for inclusion in openvpn four years ago but were never
fully reviewed.  I tried asking for these to be included back in
January, but was told that the patches were too numerous to be reviewed.
 I've therefore squashed the patches down and merged the comments in
order to create this patchset.

I contacted the original author asking if he could do the squashing, but
got no reply for a month.  I then contacted him again with my attempt
asking him if he was happy with the attribution and merging of the
comments and gave him a month to review them and provide a response.
I've still had no reply and am therefore submitting them to the list.

The original author's repository is available at [1].  I'm currently
maintaining the original patchset against the current master at [2], but
I'm relatively new to using git for interacting with large projects, so
didn't add the patches into a branch unfortunately.  The recent
conversations (including previous history) are available at [3].

Please let me know what further I'll need to do in order to help get
these patches included upstream?

Thanks,

Mike  5:)

[1] https://github.com/fknittel/openvpn