It seems to mostly replace all "md5_..." stuff with "sha1_..." functions
 (looks very much like find-and-replace to me...) *and* it adds a special
 fips function call that allows MD5 in certain circumstances...

 + /* FIPS 140-2 explicitly allows MD5 for the use in PRF although it is not
 + * to be used anywhere else */
 + if(kt == EVP_md5() && prf_use)
 + HMAC_CTX_set_flags(ctx, EVP_MD_CTX_FLAG_NON_FIPS_ALLOW);

 The main usage we have for md5 is the PUSH_OPTION hash comparison - which
 is really not a "crypto" thing, just a "hash that is around to be used",
 and it's a local thing - so changing that all to sha1_* will not harm
 interoperability.

 gert

 I browsed through the opensuse patch and it appeared to match up with the
source files for openvpn 2.3.11 so I applied the patch.  I am now successfully
connecting the tunnel in FIPS MODE!!

Thanks for the assistance!

Peter