Hi,

On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 08:06:47PM +0100, Steffan Karger wrote:
> As reported by debbie10t on the openvpn-devel list (Message-ID:
> <326b8ff7-39a6-1974-c0b0-82fd2abdc...@gmail.com>), an NCP client will
> attempt to reconnect with the previously pushed cipher, instead of the
> cipher from the config file, after a sigusr1 restart.  This can be a
> problem when the server is reconfigured (as debbie10t explainted), or when
> roaming to a differently-configured server.  Fix this by restoring the
> cipher options from the config file after a sigusr1 restart.
>
> This makes the cipher options behaviour different from other pushable
> options, because those are also cached until a sighup restart.  We might
> want to change this behaviour in general, but for now let's just fix the
> issue at hand.
>
> v2: also cache and restore keysize, as that parameter is relevant too.
> v3: inherit cached cipher options from parent context.
[..]

ACK.

After extensive discussion on #openvpn-devel - the code looks quite
harmless, but now I think I understand the flow of things and when and
why the SSL/TLS context is re-used on client and server, and what happens
if it is *not* re-used (client re-inits from config file, server re-inits
from global context which still has the config-file settings).

David, since you currently hold the "not fully pushed" tree (due to sf),
can you please merge?

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de