Hi,

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 01:45:51AM +0200, Lev Stipakov wrote:
>  #ifdef ENABLE_ASYNC_PUSH
>    /* arm inotify watcher */
> -  event_ctl (c->c2.event_set, c->c2.inotify_fd, EVENT_READ,
> (void*)&file_shift);
> +  if (c->options.mode == MODE_SERVER)
> +    event_ctl (c->c2.event_set, c->c2.inotify_fd, EVENT_READ,
> (void*)&file_shift);
>  #endif

I find this a non-robust approach to this.

What is wrong with

   if ( c->c2.inotify_fd > 0 )
     {
       event_ctl (c->c2.event_set, c->c2.inotify_fd, EVENT_READ,
(void*)&file_shift);
     }

(as I suggested on IRC yesterday evening)?

This will ensure that inotify is armed *if* it got prepped, independent of
"whatever other flags are active in the system" - next thing, someone adds
a "--no-inotify" run-time switch, and you'll have to revisit this place
again - or someone else finds a use for inotify in client mode, and this
will also need touching.

It will fix the issue at hand, but is not good code.

Also, braces.  See CodingStyle in the wiki.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de