On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Samuli Seppänen <sam...@openvpn.net> wrote:

> > Task manager shows DEP enabled while Windows is configured for
> > DEP on Windows processes only but the machine has Hardware enabled DEP
> > and shows DEP for 2.4.0-i601 as well . so not a very good test.
> >
> > I don't have a 32bit windows compatible with 2.4
> >
> > Regards.
>
> Thanks for testing! I think we just have to merge the ASLR/DEP change in
> openvpn-build and see what happens.

For ASLR we may have to add some option to get reloc information into the
exe? As per discussion under GUI PR 123 (
https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn-gui/pull/123) mingw does not do this by
default. There --export-all-symbols is used, which I think is a terrible
hack.

Checking aslr is enabled or not using process explorer may help -- openssl
dll has to be checked too.

Selva