On 15/08/17 11:17, Илья Шипицин wrote:
[...]
>     > there are special cases like Mikrotik openvpn (pretty popular), where
>     > user simply use what hardware vendor installed (without possibility to
>     > recompile).
>     >
>     > should we contact such hardware vendors as well ?
>
>     there might be an non-predictable number of vendors shipping their own
>     openvpn version. We can't contact them all. It's their responsibility to
>     stay behind the changes in what they ship.
>
>     If they don't, their users will complain aloud with them ;)
>
>     On top of that, this does not prevent users from using their own config,
>     right? So they can still configure the client to avoid deprecated
>     options.
>

> you cannot use regular openvpn config with Mikrotik
> https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/OpenVPN
>
> you can use mikrotik configuration options

Which just emphasizes even more that Mikrotik needs to do their own
homework on their own.  Their config syntax is completely alien to us,
so we have no direct influence on how their syntax ends up as a
configuration OpenVPN is capable of understanding.  And _we_ shouldn't
care how Mikrotik does that, it's their own implementation design.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Technologies, Inc