On 24/08/17 21:18, Gert Doering wrote:
> (gen-release-tarballs.sh only needs to work on FreeBSD and Linux, and
> FreeBSD's /bin/sh is sufficiently modern so so it's likely to work
>  - but the test scripts need to run robustly everywhere a user builds,
> so never assume "because bash says so!" is a way anywhere but into worlds
> of pain.  And yes, we've been there before :-) )

And to avoid style confusions ... as long as we can avoid having "one
style" on the test scripts and "another style" on the dev-tools scripts,
that will be easier to review and maintain.

We can have more slack in dev-tools, but if we deviate, then we need to
properly document it so we won't forget why.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Technologies, Inc