On 12/09/17 21:50, Samuli Seppänen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the summary of today's IRC meeting.
>
> ---
>
> COMMUNITY MEETING
>
> Place: #openvpn-meeting on irc.freenode.net
> Date: Wednesday 12th Sep 2017
> Time: 20:00 CET (19:00 UTC)
>
> Planned meeting topics for this meeting were here:
>
> <https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Topics-2017-09-12>
>
> The next meeting has not been scheduled yet.
>
> Your local meeting time is easy to check from services such as
>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock>
>
> SUMMARY
>
> chipitsine, cron2, dazo, mattock ordex and syzzer participated in this
> meeting.
>
> Discussed tls-crypt-v2. Ordex has implemented this on the OpenVPN 3
> side. Syzzer is still working on it on the OpenVPN 2 side.
>
> --
>
> Discussed having a regular meeting schedule again. Agreed that having a
> one-hour meeting every Wednesday at 19:00 CEST makes sense. We will
> start the meetings next week (20th September).
>
> --
>
> Discussed the upcoming 2.4.4 release. We have enough commits for a
> maintenance release, but there is one security fix in the pipeline, as
> well as a fix to the NSI installer. It was agreed that the security fix
> should have a CVE. The release date was set to 25th September.

Just a slight correction here.  We will attempt to have the git tree
signed with the proper tags by September 25.  But aiming for the release
to happen soon after this have happened.

As we need to co-ordinate this with both CVE assignment and the PR team,
we need to have a somewhat flexible schedule to ensure everyone is aligned.

And for those wondering about the severity of this CVE; it is considered
to have a really low impact and not being critical at all.  This
requires a special option to be used, which is also believed to be very
seldom used.  But as it can be more critical if this option is used, we
decided to request a CVE for it.

> Briefly discussed dazo's lz4 v2 patch. Cron2 promised to review it in
> the next few days.

The patch which was referenced is this one:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/openvpn-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg15396.html>

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth