Hi,

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 10:52:16AM +0200, Simon Matter wrote:
> > Feature-ACK (I think this is a useful idea, for the same reasons we have
> > LZO and OpenSSL versions :-) ), but that will not work if we use
> > compat-lz4.h, so "code NAK".
>
> IIRC at the time of writing this, the embedded lz4 was too old and didn't
> have the LZ4_versionString() function. So the code won't work with the
> patch. If the embedded code has LZ4_versionString() now, it should be ok.

Well, it will still lead to compile blowup if you try to include a
non-existing "lz4.h" - no matter if the embedded version has
LZ4_versionString() or not...

But indeed, we should upgrade bundled LZ4.  We have a script for that,
we just never used it.  For whatever reason.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de