Hi,

On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 08:35:48AM +0000, Simon Rozman wrote:
> > To repeat,  cast does not eliminate a potential for error, it just just
> > hides it.
>
> True and I totally agree with you. I just didn't dare to rewrite the function
> more thoroughly. Can I, please?

Refactoring is definitely welcome for master, and can be argued into 2.4 if
it fixes things that need fixing...

(And thanks for taking your time to explain the background for all these
changes - I haven't had time today to do more than just read all the mails,
but they were helpful - thanks to Selva, too)

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de