On 22/05/18 19:32, Marvin wrote:
> Can someone tell me the minimum Linux version that OpenVPN 2.4.x will build
> and run on?  We have an older appliance the runs on an older 2.4.31 kernel
> (cannot be upgraded -- but it's very hardened so really doesn't need to be for
> our use.)

First of all, kernel 2.4.31 is very old - hardened or not.  I might work if
you don't attempt any IPv6 features at all.  But I do know there has been some
code changes over the years which is strictly 2.6 kernel and newer; but its
quite a long time ago so I don't recall exactly what and when.

IIRC, since OpenVPN 2.2, we have had RHEL 5 as the oldest supported Linux
distribution, which was based on kernel 2.6.18.  With OpenVPN 2.4, that moved
up to RHEL 6 (kernel 2.6.32 baseline).

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth