Hi,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 12:29:44PM -0400, Selva Nair wrote:
> Personally I would prefer to enable this code for all platforms although
> its a minor regression.
>
> That is, if management-query-passwords is enabled and auth file is
> missing password, query the management, not on console irrespective
> of other options and OS. If that's acceptable, I'll submit a v2.

I find this reasonable, and can't really think of a situation where
the current behaviour might be desirable.

So, yes, changing user-visible behaviour, but in a way that avoids
one particular hard-to-explain (or even document) corner case.

For master = 2.5, I'd definitely do this.

For 2.4, I'm not totally sure, but this is something we can discuss in
the community meeting if people have a strong opposing opinion (*I*
consider the current behaviour to be a bug, and the change a bugfix).