Am 27.02.20 um 21:54 schrieb David Sommerseth:
> After some discussion among the core community developers [1,2], it was
> decided to remove the possibility to build openvpn as a pure client.
> This was alterted on the mailing list [3] that it was scheduled for
> removal unless anyone had strong arguments why it was needed.
>
> The general consensus was that we had not received any strong arguments
> to keep this possibility after approximately 5 months, so it was fine to
> remove this ./configure option.
>
> By removing this, we remove quite some entangled sections of #ifdef
> scattered all over the code base, making it more readable.
>
> One note:
> Inside the  options_postprocess_mutate_invariant() function,
> the #ifdef P2MP_SERVER and #ifdef _WIN32 blocks where slightly
> reworked to make the _WIN32 block more continous and avoiding having an
> empty if(options->mode == MODE_SERVER) block.

There are three trivial conflicts when applying this patch and push.c
needs a small fix:

>          ret = process_incoming_push_request(c);
>      }
>      else
> -#endif
>
>      if (honor_received_options && buf_string_compare_advance(&buf,
> "PUSH_REPLY"))
>      {

This if needs to be moved to its else to become else if since the #endif
is now gone.

I also compared the fix with "unifdef -DP2MP_SERVER=1 -m *.c *.h" and
the results are almost identical (minus a few things unifdef did not get
right/autoconf stuff).

Acked-By: Arne Schwabe <a...@rfc2549.org>