Hi

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 4:50 PM Arne Schwabe <a...@rfc2549.org> wrote:

> Am 23.07.2020 um 20:14 schrieb André via Openvpn-devel:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Regarding,
> >
> > https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/DeprecatedOptions#Option:--route-nopull
> >  "Openvpn devs would like to know if you use this option".
> >
> > Many pfSense users use this option to policy route.
>
> I would also vote for keeping this option. Yes you can emulate the
> option by using a number of pull-filter lines but that feels like not a
> good user experience.

That's because route-nopull is not what it appears to be. A single
line of "pull-fliter ignore route" will do exactly what one would
think "route-nopull" should do, but the latter does more. It's poorly
named and now we have better ways to control pulled options, so I have
no love for it.

> Also route-pull works in both OpenVPN 2.x and 3.x
> clients while pull-filter is currently 2.x only.

Actually pull-filter cannot be compared with route-nopull as the
former is customizable. The real question is whether there is any
compelling reason to use it other than lack of alternatives in 2.3 and
older. I didn't know 3.x does not support pull-filter. Why? It's easy
to code (at least I know that for sure) so that can't be the reason.

Selva