+
+    /* For figuring out the crypto overhead, we need to use the real payload
+     * including all extra headers that also get encrypted */
+    header_size += calculate_crypto_overhead(kt, packet_id,
+                                             packet_id_long_form,
+                                             payload_size, occ);

My question was why you mention "extra headers" here but that doesn't seem to
be reflected
in the code itself. After looking further into the code it seems to me that you
allude here
to the frame_caculate_payload_overhead function? But you don't use it here, you
assume that
the caller of this function already called it. So maybe instead of putting this
comment here
it would be better to put that into the documentation of this function in the
header?

Ah sorry, I overlooked that. A better comment would be:

/* For figuring out the crypto overhead, we need to use the real payload size including the extra headers that also get encrypted as part of the payload like compression and fragmentation header */

Anr