On 31/03/2022 13:34, Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 01:29:28PM +0200, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:
That's exactly what the patch does.

Which I very much like :-)  (I said that on IRC already, repeating here
for the list archive)

Only difference is that for sitnl, to avoid breaking existing setups, it
will fall back to the old approach of switching user if the capability
retaining approach failed.

I'm a bit undecided if this is really something to worry about... but
then, in an existing and working systemd environment with reduced
capabilities it might break setups going 2.5 -> 2.6, so maybe "being
careful about things" is the better way :-)

Yeah, I agree with this. For v2.6, the time is too short to be dare too much potential breakage now. But we can consider further steps with v2.7.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Inc