Am 05.04.22 um 05:10 schrieb Leroy Tennison:
Thanks for your reply, I'm actually looking for something pretty high-level like "the server (or client) sends their (whatever key) and the client (or server) (creates a session key from it or whatever happens) and that is used for encryption."  I am also wondering what the client and server keys are used for if not in this process.

High level is that we use a TLS 1.0/TLS 1.1 inspired key exchange in older versions and nowadays if both server and client are capable of TLS EKM, we use TLS EKM to generate key material for encryption of data channel.

The server and client keys are used in the TLS session like with any TLS session.

Arne