Hi Tony,

On 05/04/22 15:04, Tony He wrote:
Hi JJK,

Yeah, I know this way, but there is still context switching in the
kernel space and user space. I have been looking for a way
to benchmark in the kernel space. I expect there is a kernel module like below:

insmod benchmark.ko AES-256-GCM
(After it's done,  this module will exit automatically)

that would be 'tcrypt' then, I guess ; on my Fedora boxen I have
#  modinfo tcrypt
filename: /lib/modules/5.16.18-100.fc34.x86_64/kernel/crypto/tcrypt.ko.xz
author:         James Morris <jmor...@intercode.com.au>
[...]
parm:           alg:charp
parm:           type:uint
parm:           mask:uint
parm:           mode:int
parm:           sec:Length in seconds of speed tests (defaults to zero which uses CPU cycles instead) (uint) parm:           num_mb:Number of concurrent requests to be used in mb speed tests (defaults to 8) (uint)
parm:           klen:Key length (defaults to 0) (uint)

cheers,

JJK

Jan Just Keijser <jan.just.keij...@gmail.com> 于2022年4月5日周二 19:26写道:
hi Tony,