Hi,

On 08/04/2022 13:18, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:
This one does not really look like it should be in "fallback:" - because
that way it always gets called, even if we jump there right at function
entry, if keep_caps == 0.

No, it's intentional. It ensures that it's printed even if we don't HAVE_LIBCAPNG but someone called the function requesting to keep capabilities, which is not possible then.

Along Gert's thoughts: maybe there should be 2 labels, one that is just "out" and one that is "fallback".

Simply because jumping to "fallback" when it was not requested to retain capabilities (keep_caps == 0) may not sound right (are we really falling back in this case?)

Cheers,

+
+    if (keep_caps)
+    {
+        msg(err_flags, "Unable to retain capabilities");
+    }
+
+    platform_group_set(group_state);
+    platform_user_set(user_state);
+}
+

Maybe "fallback:" should be right before platform_group_set()?

(Sorry for being late to the "complain about your code" party...)

Antonio Quartulli