Hi,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 09:37:49AM +0100, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> On 13/01/2023 09:32, Kristof Provost wrote:
> > I???m not sure how we???d cope with supporting building on older releases
> > though. Not a worry just yet, because FreeBSD main is the only version
> > with DCO support in it, but it???ll be a problem sooner or later.
>
> OpenVPN ships its own "recent"| version of the if_ovpn.h file, no?
> So as long as the file contains all the enums it will compile just fine.

Yes, these defines are mirrored in our dco_freebsd.h - so I could just
add it there, but we need to be careful that we never have conflicting
enums in OpenVPN dco_freebsd.h vs. kernel if_ovpn.h.

Or, as Antonio explained to me how it works on linux uapi headers "enums
are only ever appended to, never ever reordered, nothing is ever deleted".

I'm open for anything that lets me ship rc2+patch as FreeBSD port :-)