Am 10.02.2023 um 09:00 schrieb Lev Stipakov:
Hi,

I found this behavior a bit confusing.

First,

2023-02-10 09:53:14 us=187000 Options error: Cannot set comp-lzo to
'no', allow-compression is set to 'no'
2023-02-10 09:53:14 us=187000 OPTIONS IMPORT: compression parms modified

parms->params

but they weren't really modified, weren't they? We haven't applied
anything because allow-compression is 'no' by default.

Next, we still establish connection with DCO and got broken tunnel.
Yes. This has always been the behaviour with pushed options that the client does not accept.

If we know that the tunnel will be broken (we got pushed comp-lzo no),
shouldn't we bail out?

That is a more general discussion that I would like to do outside of this patch. Currently almost nothing that a server pushes will make the connection to abort. We can certainly add logic that will make the client abort in this cases but that should affect all the other options that are being pushed that the client refuses.

Arne