Greetings,

Since OpenVPN is very scriptable, I wouldn't imagine doing this would be a
problem, but I'm looking to see if anyone else does this, if there are
concerns with doing it, or if OpenVPN has a built-in way of doing this.

Our OpenVPN set up does split-tunneling, so a client only gets access to
certain resources over the VPN, and the rest goes through their normal
Internet connection. After the user successfully authenticates, the
`client-connect` script checks what they access to, processes the
appropriate firewall rules on the server side, and then pushes those routes
to the client side. We run into a situation frequently where someone needs
access to something new, and they must reconnect in order for that new
resource to be accessible.

I'm hoping to avoid this if I can; server-side this wouldn't be a problem
because I can simply have a script periodically check (every 1 minute or
so) who's connected, and update their rules accordingly from the database.
Where I run into confusion is how to push these new routes to the client?
Is this possible?

Thank you!

--
Scott Crooks (王虎)