On 2/7/2018 13:00 PM, Selva Nair wrote:
One way for the GUI to handle the current situation is to not take the first AUTH_FAILED seriously (i.e keep the saved password) when auth-token is in use. But I would consider that a hack.

In general it seems like it is rarely a good idea to just modify user-entered information, especially without asking first. Many programs like graphical sftp/ftp clients, web browsers, VNC and RDP clients, and many others that I've seen over the years usually don't just up and clear the saved password upon failure, but leave it up to the user to update if needed. This seems to prevent problems like when an account might be temporarily disabled/inaccessible, or maintenance/testing is being performed making some/all accounts inaccessible, where it it will resume working as it was before in the near future.