On Wed, May 29, 2019, 23:35 David Mehler <dave.meh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got an OpenVPN server on a vps. Connections from my home and
> roaming network computers/phones/tablets are working fine.
>
> I'd now like to add in an Asterisk server. My home machines and
> roaming phones/tablets/laptops can again connect to the asterisk
> server, this is without vpn access, and get account ready, this tells
> me that they register. The problem is one of audio passing, I'm not
> getting any. The vps is on it's on static IP address, while roaming
> clients, at one point might be natted, while at others not, in all
> events I don't get audio when I call in to the extension for testing.

Considering that the vpn is ok then this seems an Asterisk issue. You will
need to verify that the extensions are registered at the asterisk server,
direct media is disabled and firewall is not blocking any traffic. I have
done similar setups with no issues. I guess this is more relevant to
asterisk mailing list.