On 07/08/2019 07:20, Leroy Tennison via Openvpn-users wrote:
> I don't know what happened to my last response but the problem was systemd,
> using "systemctl start openvpn@leroy" with "verb 6" produced
>
> Options error: --up script fails with '/tmp/openvpn-test': No such file or
> directory
>
> However, "ls -al /tmp/openvpn-show" returns (and yes, I have "script-security
> 2" in the configuration file)
>
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 118 Aug  6 12:48 /tmp/openvpn-test
>
> and
>
> "openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/leroy.conf &"  works (checked with "ip route")
>
> Is there something special I need to do to get it to work with systemd?

Don't put the script in /tmp ... Systemd will setup a private /tmp directory
for each service it starts, unless otherwise explicitly disabled.

More details: <https://access.redhat.com/blogs/766093/posts/1976243>

For more information about OpenVPN and systemd, please see this README.systemd
file: <https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/tree/master/distro/systemd>

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth