That's only works as far as you trust your users not to violate policy
(which, generally speaking, you shouldn't).  There's nothing stopping
them from adding "route" statements to their own config files.
Anything you can push, the user can add without it being pushed.
Well, except ifconfig push, which is policed (I believe), and you can
then use those statically provisioned IP addresses in firewall rules.