Hi,

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 at 06:39, William Muriithi <will...@perasotech.com> wrote:
> I have a client that has an old openVPN client that can't currently connect
> to the server because he doesn't meet the minimal TLS version.  I would
> rather not lower the TLS version on the server side for all the clients and
> was wondering if its possible to allow just one client with a lower TLS
> version.
>
> Can one use client-config-dir to provide a client with a unique TLS version
> to use between the server and the client?

That's not possible, because the ccd files are parsed *after* the TLS
handshake has occurred.

It would indeed be nice to not reduce tls-version-min for all clients,
but the way out would rather be to upgrade your old client. Or if you
must, run a second OpenVPN instance for legacy clients with a
different tls-version-min.

-Steffan